Monday, June 16, 2008

Jaime's left for Sydney






Well jaime left for Sydney on friday with his concert band group from Westlake Boys. he was so excited. I snapped this photo of him in the departure lounge through the glass in the viewing gallery. I love that little smile. it is so 'him'. Since he arrived we have been texting each other and he is having a great time. they have played a concert at Sydney grammer School, been shopping at "the rocks" and had lots of rehersals ( and thats in only one day!). The highlight for the kids will be playing at the Sydney Opera House. They are also going to see 'Phantom of the Opera' and spend a day at Luna Park. When Jaime gets back Adam is going to Canberra to play soccer in the Kanga cup! As for Mark and I, we are working extra hours to pay for all this LOL.


My big trip this year is in October. Natalie and I are going to Wellington for the weekend with our frinds Nicola and Alice to see the 'Wearable Arts' show. I have to say that I am REALLY looking forward to it!


This weekend Chris had his first 'party'at our house. He invited 12 friends over for drinks and dancing etc. i was SO nervous about the whole think but i needn't have worried. The kids were all great. They were polite, considerate and even turned the music down after midnight so that Our younger kids wouldn't be woken up (without being told to). Go Chris!


I managed to get a bit of scrapping done. I finished my LO for the 3rd challenge of So You think You Can Scrap. It was Liannes style this week. I love Liannes work, but it is very different to my usual style so i had a minor (OK major) panic at first. Surprisingly though, it all came together in the end and I LOVE the final result. I can't reveal this one till thu but here is the LOs that I did for challenge 2.


I am LOVING Megans new website "The Sketch Pad" . I never realized forums and challenges could be so much FUN. These are a couple of LOs I created for the sketch challenges. Thanks Megan for my new addiction LOL.

The first LO is of Chris doing the Haka for his school 'house'. He really put his heart and soul into it. the photo was taken on a very low resolution so is a little pixilated at this size but I think that using a smaller photo would have detracted from the overall impression of the LO. For the border I coloured texture paste with brown acrylic paint and stamped into it to create the swirls. I really LOVE this one. The photos on the second LO were taken in our lounge one evening when Mark was playing dress-ups with Sophie. He spends hours each evening playing with her and its hard to know who has the most fun. his 'Scary Pirate' face cracked us up!

No comments:

Blog Archive