Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Benjis 5 months old already







Almost half a year!! I can't believe how fast the time flies but i also can't imagine being without him now. He really has slotted into our family and brought us all so much happiness and joy. I have done a few LOs starring Benji this week. I'm keeping a weekly diary for him - bit like project 365 but toned down to project 52 (ie I scrap a photo a week of him onto a 8 x 8 album and write a little about whaty he has done that week) I think it will be cool to look back on how he has gradually changed over a year. Week to week the photos don't seem to change much but when I look at the first weeks photo and the last one I just scrapped (week 22) I can't believe its the same baby!!

Above are the 12 x 12 LOs that I have done this week. we took the kids to Westwave last Sunday and Benji had his first swim. He really seemed to enjoy splashing around in the warm water and sucking the splashes from his little fists. Totally adorable. i planned to scrap the photos with the gorgeous new Kaiser papers, but the pool looked green on my photos not blue and they just didn't match. I didn't want to convert them to black and white because the colour really set the atmosphere of the steamy pools so I took a quick trip to NZ Scrapbooks (any excuse) and found these gorgeous papers (and a few more items that i just 'had' to have lol).
I made the little calico art patch on the middle LO a while ago and have been waiting for the right lo to use it on. It is really easy to make these cute patches. Basically you cut a square of calico, fray the edges then decorate with paint, sticker, rub-ons etc then coat it all with modge-podge to seal it. Really fun and cool.

No comments:

Blog Archive