Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy birthday adam













Yesterday adam turned 16. He unfortunately is in the middle of exams but even so we managed to celebrate his birthday in style. He got a laptop for his main present, and he was very excited to set it up and personalise it just for him. We had a family evening with pizza and a rental DVD (Sherlock Holmes). Here are a couple of my favourite photos on my scrap list. i always find birthday celebrations hard to photograph - the lighting is always bad and the backgrounds cluttered. To try to improve my shots this year I zoomed in close to the action and turned off my flash for the cake photos (which turned out really well).

Over the last few days i have had time to do a couple of LOs for myself. I love the Paper loft paper that I got from Scotty Craft so much that I bought more to do this LO of Benji at 15 months for his month by month album. The colours are so cool and seem to really make the photo pop.

Sophie ran in the school cross country race this week. She was so excited because running is her thing. she LOVES to run and is very good at it. Anyway, she started off with a bang, but unfortunately she fell on the first lap - flat on her face. I thought that she would have a melt down but she didn't. tyo our amazement she got back up and finished the race coming in 3rd out of the 5 year old girls. We were all so proud of her!

The last LO uses travel themed papers from Imaginisce. I have had the photos of Benji sitting on the suitcase with his ball in hand in my 'to scrap' pile for a coupe of months now and these papers just seemed ideal. I love the burgundy die cut paper that I made into a frame for the LO. The colours really seem to 'pop'. the owl tag is a clothing tag from a t-shirt that I bought Sophie from Cotton-on kids :)

No comments:

Blog Archive