Thursday, June 17, 2010

Baths, balls and beautiful daughters







I have been obsessed with experimenting with the vintage chic style since I received some beautiful product from Websters pages. I love the gorgeous soft colours and romantic themes. Here are two of my LOs in this style ' Tiny Cherub' and 'My Beautiful Petal'. I enjoyed distressing my papers and creating my own embellishments for this style. The little strip of ducks in the Tiny Cherub LO is cut from a Sassafras paper and was a little brighter than the other papers so to balance this out I added a strip of mock lace paper from the same sassafras collection above the third photo.
The middle LO displays photos from my sons first ball. I wanted a contemporary look, full of colour and fun - just like the subjects in the photos, but also I wanted it to reflect the formal occasion. The classy background papers have been in my stash for a while (they are from the Creative Imaginations 'Narratives' collection) They create a 'formal' background to the fun, bright Cosmo Cricket and MME papers that frame the photos. The girl and boy diecuts were done using my cuttlebug and were a fun representation of the fact that Adam had not one but two dates to the ball.
Thanks for looking:)

No comments:

Blog Archive