Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sisters at 6

I recently found a cute  photo of my 14 year old daughter Natalie when she was six. It occiurred to me that my younger daughter is exactly the same age now as Natalie was on the photo. I thought that it would be fun to do a LO comparing the two photos. So here is my page - Sisters at Six.

I did cheat a little in that I styled Sophies hair exactly the same way as Natalie was styled in the older photo. I used some older Making Memories paper that I had in my stash for the background. These were papers that I loved so much I was waiting for the 'perfect' LO to use them. Ofcourse then they got forgotten over time and remained unused. SO I bit the bullet and I layered them both to make a very ornate frame for my page. I kept the LO current by cutting out trees, flowers and butterflies from a recent Kaisercraft collection and using a die-cut element from Websters pages under my photos. I love the result and even I can see how much alike my little munchkins look!
This week has been a dreadful week for us. Both Sophie and Benji have had a tummy bug and have spent all day and most of the night vomiting. These two LO were done at the end of last week before the bug struck. Hopefully it won't be long before Benji is back to his normal happy self. I hate to see him so miserable. He is just so cute - even when he is sick. Just before he vomits he sits upright and says "Oh man, Oh no!" then I know that it is time to grab the bowl LOL 

3 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

oh ... how cute ... both your layout of the girls at six and the wee man, preparing you and him for 'the bowl' ... love it ...

and his belly button layout ... totally fab-u-lous!

Ann said...

Love all of your layouts!!!!

It was great to see you last Saturday and thanks for lending me Sophie....lol
She made a gorgeous card!

Hope to catch up with you again some time soon.
:-) Ann

Mrs Frizz said...

Merry Christmas ...

Blog Archive