Sunday, April 10, 2011

More fun with Masking

This is my LO for this weeks "sketchy Thursday' challenge. I am so loving using my masks and inks to make my own backgrounds. This LO uses paper from Kaisercrafts "Timeless" collection for the background which I have spritzed with two colours of glimmer mist using handcut cardstock clouds as masks. I used a crafters workshop mask to add interest to the black cardstock base. I dabbed white ink straight from the pad over the mask. The cute little balloon girl is from Prima's Jack and Jill collection. The flocked rub-on grasses and bird are also from 'Prima'. The LO is completed with a Dusty Attic chipboard fence and a title that I printed from internet clipart.
This second LO uses the same butterfly mask in a different way. This time I have spritzed glimmer mist over the entire background then added some splatters of the same ink after the mist had dried. The papers are from Echo Park's 'Be Mine' collection and the doily is from the dollar store and spritzed with aqua ink. Some beautiful 'Prima' flowers and Kaisercraft pearl swirls completes the LO.

7 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

gorgeous creativity but that last one ... fan-tas-tic!!!

Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Love all the masking...very creative!

Piglet said...

Very cool LO's! Thanks for playing with ST!

heidi said...

LOVE both of these but esp. the first Sketchy Thursdays one! The colors, the masking, the embellies. AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Ooh, ahh, great misting! So happy to have you playing with us at Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo

corrie said...

great masking and misting! wow! these are great! thanks for playing with us at sketchy thursdays.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love these!!!! Loving the clouds and that fence on the first one! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Blog Archive