Monday, July 18, 2011

New Challenge is up at Little Shop of Sketches


Here is the new challenge at Little Shop of Sketches and my take on it. I have just bought a new i-phone (which I absolutely LOVE) and this sketch was peerfect to record the first few photos that I took with my new toy! I used a prima mask to mist the background leaves and I made the clouds by dabbing distress ink over a scrapware cloud (so that the cloud was used as a mask). I never throw away my chipboard shape negatives because they make great masks and stencils. My kite and tree are also scrapware chipboard. I made the kite tail by punching circles from patterned paper and interspersing them with rings that I cut from my Sassafrass banner stickers. A length of twine connecting the rings and circles completed the look.
Pop over to the Little Shop blog yourself and have a go at the challenge. There are prizes to be won and more inspiration from the other super-talented members of the design team.

No comments:

Blog Archive