Friday, September 16, 2011

Something Exotic ....and Something exciting :)

Annes challenge this week at 'Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge' is to use this sketch to scrap something exotic. 

Well, my son adam recently travelled on a school trip to Vietnam and took hundreds of photos. These ones at singapore zoo have him in them goofing around and they make me smile and I thought they would fit the theme for my DT layout perfectly. I misted the background with a Prima mask for the circle element then I used papers from Bo Bunny's 'Zoo-ology' line to complete the page. The loops of rustic string along the bottom really seemed to fit ion with the theme and ground the layout. Do head over to AFSC (http://another-freaking-scrappy-challenge.blogspot.com/) this week and try the challenge yourself. Its lots of fun and there is a $25 gift certificate to 'Scrapbookers.com up for grabs.

And now for the exciting thing :)
Remember this page?
Well I just found out that it has won the Inspiration Challenge over at 'Get picky' I am thrilled and honoured. Thanks so much ladies I'm grinning from ear to ear :)

2 comments:

karenw said...

A school trip to Vietnam, how cool is that?? Looks like your son had heaps of fun at the zoo. Looking froward to seeing more photos of the trip.

Congrats on the win, saw this on their blog and was so pleased for you! Yay!!! xx

Mrs Frizz said...

yep, both layouts super duper amazing ... congrats on your win.

Blog Archive