Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Very Proud Day

At his end of year prizegiving my son adam received two prizes. He got the trophy for excellence in acting (he played Nathan Detroit in the school's production of Guys and Dolls) and he received a major award for all round excellence and participation in school life. Ofcourse it was a very
proud day for his mum and dad!!!
I wanted my LO to be masculine so I used a very grungy style with lots of ink and paint smears. The challenge over at Scrap-it-Lah http://scrap-it-lah.blogspot.com/ this week is from a cyber friend of mine Eila Sandburg. Her challenge is  to use old book paper, sheet music or something similar,  fussy-cutting and hand-stitching using embroidery floss. My papers are a mix of Kaisercraft and Bo-Bunny. I handstiched the cross-stiches along the upper and lower border - I use a lot of stitching on my pages but almost always machine stitching so I had fun doing this. If you want a challenge have a go at this one yourself. There are cool prizes up for grabs!

5 comments:

Roxy said...

Wow, I just love all your last three layouts, and this one is great, too! Sounds like a fun challenge, I will go check it out, hugs, Roxy.

Amelia Khalik said...

Love the background! Fab page! Thanks for playing with SIL...:)

Eila Sandberg said...

Hello my lovely dovely! you sure must have been sooo totally proud of him! perfect theme for the challenge; school and all. As you know, I looove stitching. Hope you're enjoying the warmer days over there, we're waiting for the first snow to come any time now - yuk! Take care, kisses and hugs E

Ella Swan said...

Hi Sarah :) Loving the grungey masculine look of this layout & thank you so much for joining in with us over at Scrap-it-Lah!

Hannie C said...

This is really a man's page! Great job! Thanks for playing with SIL

Blog Archive