Monday, November 14, 2011

Another page for benji's Month by Month Album

How those months fly by! I can't believe this precious little man has been part of our lives for over 2 1/2 years, yet on the other hand I can't imagine life without him! I based this page for his month by month album on the current sketch at 'Stuck' (another cool challenge blog that I came across recently). I am really loving the colour yellow at the moment - I think it reminds me that summer is just around the corner! I used Mr Huey's 'Custard' spray ink to get the gorgeous golden yellow background colour. I wanted to use my Scrapware circles on this page but found that I had none left :( so I improvised by stamping circles on my background with a black paint dauber and jar lid. I love the look and will definitely be using that trick again.
I layered on my 'OA Sidewalk' papers and as I wanted to incorporate a lot of journalliing I typed it and cut it into strips which I adhered along the right hand border of my page. I think I may have added too many journaling strips for the design, but, hey, the story is the reason that I love to scrap and I really didn't want to miss out any of these cute little Benji-phrases that made us smile over the last month.

No comments:

Blog Archive