Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Bit of early Festive Cheer!!

For my design team projects at Scotty Craft this month I received the Tim Holtz Christmas themed resist paper collection and some Webster's pages Xmas papers to play with. I have not given much thought to Christmas yet, so I thought that this was an excellent opportunity for a Christmas Card photoshoot on the beach. Into the car went the kids (well those who were not too old and 'cool' to be seen wearing Santa hats in public in October) and off to the beach we drove. An hour or two later I had some cute photos to scrap and the kids were enjoying their ice-cream bribes :)

For my first LO I used Tim Holtz distress stain to heavily ink around the edges of the TH paper that I chose for the background. I left the area around my photos un-inked. This eneabled the resist pattern to be seen around the borders of the LO and the photo block to stand out from the middle. I arranged squares of Webster's pages paperunderneath the photos and cut out some holly, flowers and a bird from the paper to use as embellishments. I added a MME 'Lost and Found' label as my title and completed the main part of my page with a Tim Holtz ticket strip, some Xmas twine and a couple of wooden butterflies. I added Sophie's name and the date along with a small cluster of paper scraps to the upper right edge of the page to balance it out.



For my second LO I again inked the base TH resist paper. This time I used spray ink to the upper and lower edges of the paper. I chose a co-ordinating sheet of Websters Pages (the music paper) and adhered it on top of my TH background paper having first torn away a generous portion of the upper right and bottom left corners of the music sheet (as above) and heavily inked and distressed all edges. I adhered a 12x3" sheet of contrasting Webster's paper across the LO to ground the photos and layered the scrapware chipboard circle border above this strip. I filled in the chipboard circles with Xmas themed paper scraps. I added my photos, journaling card, embellishments and flowers to complete the page.

All the products for my LOs can be found at Scottie Crafts and the LOs are in store if you would like a closer look. Why not make an early start on those Christmas projects - It'll feel so good having Christmas all wrapped up well in advance of the big day - not to mention the fun you will have playing with all that yummy Xmas product :)

No comments:

Blog Archive