Monday, November 21, 2011

Sophie's Wearable arts parade :)

I made this page a few weeks ago for 'Little Shop of Sketches'. Sadly that challenge blog had to close down so I am sharing this page now. Last month Sophie's school put on a wearable art parade. Each class had to make costumes based on a country that they were assigned. Sophies class were Japan and they had a lot of fun making these colourful costumes. I couldn't chose which photos to include so I made a big cluster of various sized photos in the centre of my page and layered patterned paper underneath (mostly OA Modern Homemaker) The background base paper is a sheet from Studio Callico which I really love. I have used the same sheet several times for backgrounds as the newsprint art makes an interesting base onto which to build up a page. I tore away the corners of my backing sheet and layered the page onto craft cardstock which I had sprayed with red ink over a Crafter's Workshop template to get the butterfly pattern.

1 comment:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome layout! I love that pp and how you ripped the corners majorly like that! :D

xo

Blog Archive