Friday, December 23, 2011

Gingerbread house


I almost forgot to share this one. It is for the current challenge at "Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge". We were asked to create a page about our favourite Christmas recipie using this sketch.
Well I thought that it was a good opportunity to get out my Prima brick template and texture paste to make some 'bricks' for my background. When the paste was dry I sprayed over the ares with red spray ink and was pleased to find that the texture paste took up the colour more than the surrounding cardstock resulting in
a cool red brick effect. My papers are from October Afternoon's 'Modern Homemaker' collection which is perfect for photos of domestic bliss!!! Over the last couple of years making a gingerbread house during advent has become a family tradition that we all look forward too. Ofcourse we don't actually make the gingerbread - K-mart sell a very nice kit house :)
If you have time during this busy, busy season why not try this challenge yourself over at AFSC (http://another-freaking-scrappy-challenge.blogspot.com/). The other design team members have some really cool takes to get your creative juices flowing too.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I have just come across your blog through Purple Pumpkin and love your LO's. I look forward to seeing more.

Blog Archive