Friday, December 16, 2011

Trimming the Tree

I really love the MME Christmas collections this year, and when i saw the December sketch challenge at the MME blog I had to give it a go. These photos were taken as we put up our trees last week. We always have a fun time decorating - the girls get stuck in with no encouragement and the older boys generally pitch in too. We play Christmas music and eat lots of chocolate and festive treats!
I used the cute MME background paper just as it was, and arranged my design within it. I don't often use a whole sheet of paper without cutting into it but this was too adorable to cut and perfect just as it was. I did distress the edges and back the paper onto Kraft cardstock. I dry brushed green paint around the edges of the cardstock to add a splash of colour and to frame the MME background paper. The MME title card was perfect for this page and fitted in with the theme. All that was left to do then was to add some cute embellishments. I die-cut two chipboard hearts and covered one with patterned paper and the other with gold rub -on paste. I adhered them together and topped them with a cute MME charm. The little lanterns are from Prima. I lightly rubbed gold paste over them to highlight the markings and to dull down their bright white colour.

1 comment:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Super awesome, Sarah! You sure have rocked these papers!!!

Blog Archive