Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wonder, fun and more than a little fear!


I took these photos at the reptile park that we visited in Fiji. They were amongst my favourite photos from our trip because the reaction of the kids to the various creepy crawlies that they me is written all over their faces! Chris, our eldest was plain terrified of the snakes, and only held one under extreme duress! Adam, loves reptiles and was intrigued by them. Jaime, Natalie and Sophie were all interested and a little wary, but enjoyed the experience of being so close to creatures that they would normally hope to never encounter. little Benji would not have anything to do with the snakes but was happy to hold the iguanas.
I needed to design my page to take 6 photos because I wanted to compare each of my kids reactions on one page. I printed all the photos to 3x4" as I wanted equal attention to be focused on each one. I kept the rest of the page quite simple so as not to overshaddow the images. I used plain white cardstock for the background (as I usually do for most of my pages). I splashed some inks randomly around and interspersed my photos with tage and borders taken from Graphic 45's Tropical Encounter collection. I chose a  longish, fun title to match the mood of my page. The word 'wonder' is the current challenge word at 'Bird is the Word' and this fitted my title perfectly. The wacky chipboard tree and frog completed the page.

3 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous work!!! Sarah, you have such a lovely style! Also you are fuelling my excitement to get to Fiji! Awesome layout!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Hello again, Sarah! Hey I just wanted to let you know that I bought the OA "Holiday Style" collection - including the sprinklers! I remember you said they were great to work with! Now I have to get back into the Xmas vibe again! LOL! I just received them so, very excited. :D

Natalie Elphinstone said...

This page is awesome. Love the grid design but with all the extra bits as well. Not to mention the long title which looks fabulous. I do love this page!

Blog Archive