Saturday, February 11, 2012

Potty Time and a Leibster award!!!!!


First of all I want to say a big thankyou to Lizzy Hill at http://lizzyhill12.blogspot.co.nz/ for awarding my blog a Leibster Award. I am really honoured and it totally made my week!!!! Thanks so much Lizzy!
I recently found a cool challenge blog called 'White with One.' The idea is to create a page using only the colour white and that weeks nominated colour. Now I have problems limiting my choice of product when I'm creating so I thought that this would be a challenge that would be good for me!
The colour this week is yellow which was a perfect match for my sons shirt in these cute photos of him being toilet trained (not very successfully I may add - he loves his snuggly warm Huggies too much!) I used lemon paint and yellow glimmer mist in the background and the pulled out all the yellow papers and embellies that I owned and began to have fun! I found that by inking all the edges of my elements it helped to make them all 'pop' and separate them from each other. I love the result and it really did simplify things not having to worry about co-ordinating colours and having a limited choice of embelishments!

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

The pleasure was all mine:):) I LOVE ww1 - it's really challenging, but freeing to use a limited palette - & amazing how much of that colour you have when you go looking!! This is a great LO...dunno if he'll think so when he's turning 21, tho:):):)

Mrs Frizz said...

OMG Sarah ... this would have to be one of my favouritist [is there such a word] layouts of yours ... it's stunning ...

Paula said...

Pity I missed this one...congrats on it being picked up, I look forward to seeing it in print ;)

Blog Archive