Saturday, June 2, 2012

Check out this challenge at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge!


I love the beginning of a new month with all the fresh challenges out there to tempt us! This month at AFSC the challenge is to scrap about 'weddings'. My friend gave me this photo of her daughter and my little one playing dress-ups at her house around 1999 (I got the date wrong on the LO - she wasn't born till 1996 - not sure what I was thinking with that one lol) Anyway they are about 3 and 4 in the picture. Alice is the bride and my Natalie is the little bridesmaid. They look so cute. When I saw the theme at AFSC I immediately thought of this photo. I wanted a whimsical page so I used papers and embellishments from the super cute Crate paper collection 'Emmas Shoppe'. The birdie paper is a left-over piece from my MME collection. I have wanted to use it up for a while and this seemed the perfect opportunity. I don't very often do 'vintage' style pages so this was a little out of my comfort zone but I do like the result. The little girls are so darned cute that it makes me smile everytime I look at it :)
Do visit us at AFSC this month and have a go at this challenge. This month there are guest design team positions up for grabs, so its well worth a try!
Now I'm off to change the date on my page hehe!!!

2 comments:

Lauren T said...

This is SO adorable. I really like the bird paper at the bottom.

Lizzy Hill said...

This is GREAT....especially love the 2 doves at the top & that vintage looking girl sticker/cut out [??] is gorgeous & works sooo well. I really, really like this. Hoping to pull out my grandparents wedding photo for this one...if I can find it, somewhere......!!!!!!!

Blog Archive