Wednesday, June 6, 2012

'Stuck' for a challenge - check this out!


I loved this sketch from Stuck as soon as it arrived in my in-box. At first I was going to use it to scrap a photo of one of  my older sons with his girlfriend, then I saw this photo of my two littlies and thought that it would be perfect. These two really do love each other. They almost never fight and play together whenever they can. benji misses Sophie so much when she is at school and his favourite time of day is 3pm when we fetch her from school!
I used a piece of lace material for my background and adhered it with mod-podge. It gave me the soft feel that I wanted for my page. I machine stitched my heart off centre and clustered my photo and other elements inside the frame created by my stitching. My papers are from October Afternoon's 'Farmhouse' collection and my flowers and wooden ticket are from 'Prima'. The raffia underlying the photo was from a present that I was given at mother's day. I thought that it finished the page off perfectly.
This sketch is a really fun and versatile one to try. There are some great prizes to be won so do head over to Stuck and try it out yourself. Take a look at the other design team member's pages too - they are really inspirational!

2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

LOVE this piccy & how you've used stitching for the heart...it's great. I also like your 'palette' for this one....really nice:):):)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Fabulous!!! Love the texture!!! Awesome and artsy! :D

Blog Archive