Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Graduate :)


We attended our eldest sons graduation ceremony last week. It was a very proud moment for us as a family. For Chris it represented the culmination of years of work - which has not always been easy for him. But he persevered and he now has his Batchelors degree!
The challenge this month at Scrap the Boys is to scrap school photos. Now this is not exactly a school photos but it does represent the end of his formal 'school' years so i thought it would count :) My paper and a lot of my tags and stickers are from the awesome Amy Tangerine 'Sketchbook' line (From American Craft). I also got to use my new chevron mask (thank's lizzy!!). As I wanted to include a fair amount of journaling I decided that one of the cute Amy Tangerine envelopes would be perfect to hold my journaling card. I did a bit of fussy cutting of my background paper to allow my photo to be tucked underneath the camera and heart design. I needed to balance out the red colour of the heart so i added a red fabric tagged paperclip (also Amy tangerine) to my journaling card before I tucked it into my envelope.
If you have time do go over to Scrap the Boys and have a go at this one yourself. They are currently a little disappointed by the low number of participants in their recent challenges and are talking of shutting down the site. This would be really sad as their challenges are really enjoyable and fun.
Have  great weekend everyone - hope you get to enjoy lots of crafty time.

2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Knew, just knew that mask would get a workout soon!!!!! Well done to Chris. It's an awesome thing to graduate ...you must be VERY proud:):):) lovely LO to celebrate it...& congrats to you - saw you're on the KIU team????!!!!!!

Karen said...

Congrats to your son anad you should be very proud!!
Love all of the details in your layout, fabulous!
Great that you could join in at Scrap the Boys!

Blog Archive