Saturday, September 1, 2012

New challenges!!!!

As promised here is my 2nd post of the day:) New challenges are up at Stuck?! Sketches and Kraft it up. Here are my takes for their design team.

First Stuck?!

 
 
I really liked this sketch because it can be used to scrap a block of photos (as I did) or to highlight a single favourite shot. I took these photos of Sophie and Benji at Sophie's school book parade. Ofcourse she wanted to dress up as Sleeping Beauty and wear the new dress that she got at Disneyland. She looked gorgeous (if not too original). I made a collage of papers, photos, stickers and tags to fill in the photo block. I mounted it all on white cardstock which I sprayed with yellow glimmer mist using chipboard hearts as masks. My papers are a mix of MME and Amy Tangerine products - which seem to complement each other well.
 
Now for soomething a little different - my KIU page:
 
This month's challenge is a colour one. Here are the colours that you need to use and my layout:
 
 
 
 
 
I loved this series of photos. Little Benji is very sad because he had scratched his finger, then after Sophie puts on a band-aid on for him he is all smiles again - magic!!
I used MME woodgrain paper as my Kraft background and sprayed white ink through my chevron mask to add a little interest. I arranged my photos roughly in order of the events that occurred and embellished it all with tags, brads, labels, buttons and string. Not sure how much I like the result - it looks a little cluttered, but I guess thats because I added 6 photos lol! I do love the story that it tells though and the colours look great together.
 
So, there you go - two great challenges to start off the month. Have a look at the other DT pages at these blog - there is so much eye-candy and a ton of inspiration to be had. Happy scrapping!
 

1 comment:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love them both! Totally awesome!!!

Blog Archive