Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Happiest View in the World


This is one of our favourite memories from Disney - the first view of Paradise Pier at the California Adventure park. It really is breathtaking - and so exciting!! All 6 of my kids were spellbound and couldn't take their eyes away from the huge Mickey ferris Wheel and the terrifying California Screamin' Roller Coaster!
The Studio Calico Sunday sketch was a great started for this photo as I wanted to make it the focus of the page and print it out large (6x8") I rarely scrap a single large photo and when I do i want to make sure that it really stands out. This photo brings back such happy memories to all of us that it really deserved the star treatment.
I scrapped the page using mainly Studio Calico Papers (ofcourse).   I incorporated a lot of machine stitching (one of my current passions - I go through phases lol) and a nice long title that overlapped the white space on my page. I replaced the banner element in the sketch with my huge sun and added lots of my other current passion - washi tape! I really like the way it turned out - I can almost smell the pop-corn and churros as I gaze at that photo and wish that we were back there!!!

4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

REALLY great...LOVE that sun & the stitching & it almost makes ME wanna got to Disneyland. That big snap is FAB:):):)

Kel said...

What a fun layout Sara- love the brightness :)

Guylaine Seyer said...

wow, This page totally amazes me!! so brihgt and beautiful, I love it!

Anne Pennington said...

OMG - you did this justice! Loving this layout - loving the sun, and the whole ensemble!! xoxoxoxo

Blog Archive