Thursday, September 20, 2012

Life is Wonderful

 
 
Have you checked out the new sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches? Here is my DT take on the sketch. I used a Heidi Swapp polaroid frame for my main photo. These are really cool. They come in packs of three with some cool stickers and rub-ons included. The photo of Benji at the Beach is one of my favourites. He was watching some seagulls flying over the sand and the expression on his little face is priceless! This is another 81/2 x 11" page - I have been experimenting with this size a bit lately. It is really great if you only have one photo to scrap and really want to make it the feature of the page. I used my chevron mask to spray the background (It reminded me of waves and spray at the beach). Most of my other elements are MME - I hand-cut the banner elements from patterned paper and machine stitched along the top of them to adhere them to my page.
The other DT takes on this sketch are up on the Stuck blog and there is some serious eye-candy to peruse!! Do have a go at this one if you are looking for a challenge - it is a fun sketch and very open to personal interpretation.
 

4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I LOVE your A4 size...it looks great...& that chevron looks like a cloud in the sky - intentional????!!!! - A4 are a lot easier to store, too - ring binders all the way....:):):)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Brilliant. I love your take on the sketch!!! U R awesome!!!

Heather McMahon said...

Love this Sarah! I enjoy switching between 12 x 12 and A4. I never assume I will scrap in one size or the other when I'm designing a page.
Love the colour of that bg paper too.

Mrs Frizz said...

oh wow, that wee man of yours is growing up ... way too fast ... love the pic.

Blog Archive