Monday, October 1, 2012

Remember


Here is the final combined OUAS and CSI challenge for September and above is my take :)


The colours are so beautiful and fresh and the sketch is perfect for highlighting that special photo. I had a lot of fun creating my background for this one. My 7 year old daughter was wanting to have a go at 'bubble painting' so whilst she was happily blowing coloured bubbles I decided to make a few pages for myself. (Incase you have never done bubble painting all it entails is adding a little washing up liquid to coloured water - food colouring produces a great strong colour, and blowing through a straw to create coloured bubbles. The you gently place your cardstock or paper on top of the bubbles to make a 'print'). I added some detail to my background using paint daubers and stencils. My papers are Amy Tangerine, October Afternoon and a little Kaisercraft.
The evidence items that I included are the wooden bird and the 'little bits and pieces'. I loved the quote in the testimony list so i used that to start my journaling which reads :
All I really need to know I learned when i became a mother.
One of the greatest lessons that I learned is to cherish every aspect of my child's existance and so every night I take the time to sit for a while and to simply watch you sleep.
Hope you are having a great week - here it is the first day of the school holidays so my scrapping time will be severely limited over the next two weeks :)))

4 comments:

Melenia Agapides said...

Now I had fun seeing your background too, Sarah!! Excellent work!!! The photo is really beautiful... thanks for joining us at OUAS!

Kay F said...

Such a sweet & heartfelt page! Love that background--it really looks amazing. And I found your journaling to be very heartfelt & honest. That photo just melts your heart...so very adorable. Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at OUAS!

Kim said...

love the painted background..thanks for playing along at OUAS!

Elena Stefanidou said...

So so so sweet!
Thank you for playing with us at OUAS

Blog Archive