Saturday, September 8, 2012

Stars in your Eyes



When I saw this sketch over at Scrapfriends  I knew that I had to give it a go. I was all fired up to print out one of my favourite Disneyland photos at A4 size when my printer died!!! I didn't have any other large photos so I dug out 3 6x4"s that I had previously printed and went with that.
I love the sketch so much that I closely adhered to its format. I used lots of Washi tape and scraps of Amy Tan and OA papers that I had lying around from other projects. Check out the Purple Pumpkin ballerina button and crocheted doily - so cute! The acrylic filmstrip is from Tim Holtz, the thinner  filmstrips are washi tape :)
Hope you are having a great weekend - do check out this sketch at Scrapfriends - they have a great design team over there too (including two of my fav. scrappers Lizzy Hill and Natalie Elphinstone)

5 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Awww shucks...& after I [not really] put on my high 'ma'm' voice last comment:):) This is Ab Fab...really great. GLAD you couldn't print out the big piccy - I LOVE this series...SAD your printer's broke, tho'. My fave bits are the washi & those film strips...LOVE them! And that li'l cluster on the side....nailed this one, Sarah, well & truly:):) Oh....& thanks for joining us at Scrap Friends:):):)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh this is magical! What a delightful layout for these gorgeous photos and memories! :D

Gwen Wruck said...

Wow, love this Sarah! What fab photos and a great take on the challenge :). Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Friends....

Gina said...

what a cute page..and great take on the sketch, love how you've used 3 pics on half!..thanks so much for playing along at SF :)

Natalie Elphinstone said...

What a super-cute page. Love all the little fun details to catch my eye. Great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Scrap Friends.

PS. Thanks for the kind personal words too. You've just made my day!

Blog Archive