Friday, November 16, 2012

A Very Special Day






Check out the new challenge over at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge . All you have to do is base your page on this sketch - it can be about any topic that you like.

  For this page I also used the colour combo from the new challenge out at Frosted designs:

 
You may notice the similarities between this page and the page that I shared below 'New Look Bedroom'. That would be because I based them both on this sketch. I really like the way I could interpret the sketch to include a huge journaling block and I had a lot to say about both pages! This time I made the page look a little more 'formal' by typing out the journaling (you can also fit even more on that way lol).
For this page I used Heide Swapp and Pink Paislee papers. Some of my tags and the cute 'Polaroid' style frame below my smaller photo are from the 'Snap' line of products by Simple Stories. These are designed for their 'Snap' memory files but they are great additions to ordinary LOs as well.
I cut my title and that cool arrow with my Cameo and used the font 'mom's typewriter (which I love) for my journaling.
If you are looking for an easy challenge this month then this is one to try both at AFSC for the sketch and at Frosted designs for the colour combo - gotta love a challenge where you can choose your own topic!
Have a great weekend where ever you are xx
 

5 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

You almost had me in tears with your journaling ...what a proud, proud mum you are....& no wonder!!! Love the staples on the twine...& I saw this was similar when I was at AFSC last night...it is a great sketch for journaling on.....go you!!!!!

Leanne said...

Fabulous LO and amazing journaling! Congrats to your "big" boy!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is a fantastic layout! Love all the journalling and the design! Awesome!

Lizzyc said...

HI.This looks wonderful, and what a special moment you have scrapped too.. the journalling is wonderful to keep that wonderful memory close to your hearts! a great take on the sketch..

Barb Craft said...

Okay... I think I love everything about this layout! You have so many great embellishments and the way you did the journaling was outstanding! Beautiful layout!

barb :)

Blog Archive