Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My SunShine

My Sunshine #46
 
 
This is the current challenge at CSI - as you can see it is PURPLE! Now I never or almost never use purple in my pages. Its not that I don't like the colour its just so hard to use! Well at first I filed this one away in the 'too hard' bin but then I got a lovely e-mail from the amazing Debbi Tehrani and she manages to inspire me to give this one a go! (Thanks Debbi)
I am so glad that I did because I managed to scrap a subject that I had avoided for many months - my dads memorial service. The photo of Sophie was taken on the day that we scattered dads ashes back home in the UK. When he passed away in 2009 in New Zealand I knew that he would want his ashes taken back to England to be laid with the rest of his family who had passed before him. This year we finally made the trip. The photo was taken at the Carmountside Garden of Remembrance which is a really beautiful place. Sophie looks so pretty in her favourite purple clothes with the yellow spring flowers in the grass behind her.
 
I used this sketch from Sketchabilities as the base for my LO. I mirror imaged it and placed my journaling on the cloud sticker which I used instead of the three banner elements. I also condensed the page a little to fit my 8 1/2 x 11" page size. I replaced the two smaller photos with my title block
I used some older October Afternoon products for this page. The cute birdie card is also from OA. The spotty buttons and flare button are from the awesome Purple Pumpkin!
From the evidence list I used woodgrain and animal emellishments (the birds). My journaling for this one is obviously quite personal so I tucked it away in a pocket on the back of the page. Each of my 6 kids wrote 3 memories that they had of times shared with grandpa (18 things).
I love the finished page and, although it was hard,  I am so glad to have finally scrapped this page for my kids and future generations.
 
 

8 comments:

Vicki said...

What a very special page and love that you have the pocket on the back for all those memories. :)

Lizzyc said...

Well the layout is really beautiful and scrapping is all about the memories, even the hard ones..

Helen Hapsi said...

I love those vivid colors you used! Very pretty!!

Lizzy Hill said...

This is a very special page....I'm glad you've done it, too - lovely photo of S...I came by yesterday to scrap lift you [needed some inpsiration] ended up following the 2nd AFSC one....so thank you:):):)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh this is so stunning, Sarah!!! Wow!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome page Sara! I love how you have embraced the purple.

Стокли said...

That's a beautiful photo and a beautiful girl. It's good to have people in our life who make it better.

Mrs Frizz said...

beautiful Sarah ... and congratulations ... just spied your layout on the sketchabilities blog ...

Blog Archive