Sunday, November 4, 2012

You will do Great Things



Time for another challenge! This time from the lovely Anne Pennington's 'Another Freakin Scrappy Challenge'. The challenge is this :

Scrap about your first job. If you have photos of you from that era, include one, or any other photo that is significant about that time. Include a bit of journaling if you like of your memories. Did you like it? Hate it? Were you nervous?

Well I had no photos that would even touch on this subject (incase you were curious my first job was at a Mr Kipling's factory putting cherries on the top of their 'cherry bakewells' - I lasted about a week lol) I did however have this recent photo of my 18 year old son Adam. He was going to a costume party dressed up as a teacher. His first job (and still his current job) is teaching gym to children after school at our local YMCA. he loves this work and is really good at it. His dream is to become an intermediate school teacher and I am sure that he will be fantastic at that one day.
I sprayed my background with a few different inks and masks. My papers are from Pink Paislee's 'Portfolio' collection - these papers are so versatile and seem to match with most photos and a lot of other manufacturers products. I have used some OA stickers and tags and journalled onto strips. A little machine stitching completed the page.
If you have never tried one of our challenges at AFSC do head over and have a look. They are always fun and a little different. Lots of cool prizes and DT spots to be won too :)
Have a great weekend :)))

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a fab layout Sara. Love :) :)

Judith said...

Great layout.

Lizzy Hill said...

Hey, thanks for the 'love' - I'm feeling plain WEIRD, I must say...agree with you re: these papers...great & versatile...LOVE this pic...v photogenic, your son....hoping to give this AFSC a go...once I settle!!!

Lizzyc said...

Hi..This looks wonderful.. love the school themed embellies...

Blog Archive