Sunday, December 2, 2012

More December challenges



 
Check out the sketch challenge at Purple Pumpkin for December. Here is my take on it for the DT. I love this photo of Sophie really enjoying the sprinkler in our garden. It was the first time this summer that it had been hot enough to run through the water and my kids were having a blast. Her face says it all. The sketch was a great one for this photo as I could enlarge it to 6 x 8" and really make it the focus of my page. The gorgeous blue flower, the spotty fabric buttons, the wooden buttons and the bakers twine are all from Purple Pumpkin. The rest of my papers are from the OA 'Woodland Park' collection.
The second LO that I would like to share with you is for my DT take on the KIU December challenge :
 
 
The challenge is to scrap about what you want for Christmas. I took this photo last Xmas before we started ripping into the presents from Santa! I took several and this was the best of the bunch but still Benji is playing around with Adams glasses and not looking at the camera!!! This year I hope that we will all be together again on Xmas morning and that just maybe I will get a photo of all of the kids looking in at the camera! My papers are OA's 2011 Xmas collection - I love their new 2012 collection too but as I have so much Xmas paper I can't really justify buying more - can I ???
Oh, and I have since rubbed out the pencil version of my journaling but haven't got round to re-taking the photo lol :)
Have a great weekend - and get stuck into some of these challenges there are heaps of great prizes to be won :)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sarah these layouts are absolutely amazing! I think the second one is my favourite - but not by much! Wow, totally blown away

Lauren T said...

Love that Christmas LO, such a fantastic photo of the whole family!

Vicki said...

Love Sophies photo with the sprinkler - what a great shot. As for a Xmas photo with everyone looking, it didn't happen with us either so I just scrapped all the bloopers. LOL

Стокли said...

It's a bit weird you have summer there=)
The LO with Sophie is so fresh, just like the photo!

Lizzyc said...

HI..These look great! I love the photo of your DD under the water drops.. that looks fabulous! and the Christmas photo made me smile.. you can be sure there will always be someone not looking at the camera or have their eyes shut for a group photo!! good start to the month of new challenges!!

Lizzy Hill said...

My! You've been scrapping up a storm!!! Wonderful work & I really, really LOVE your photos:):):):)

Blog Archive