Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas Tree Train


I love these photos of my kids decorating our Xmas tree - especially for the looks on their faces when the new xmas tree train was up an running. Pure magic! The current colour challenge over at 'Scrapfriends' was perfect to scrap them.

Perfect Christmas colours eh?? I have seen a few LOs recently using background cuts from the Silhouette Cameo. I had yet to try this so I thought I would give it a go. I saw this idea on a page over at the Cocoa Daisy blog and really loved it. The technique is to cut out a background design (I chose the chevron arrows) and back it with patterned paper (resulting in a stained glass window effect). I used Xmas paper to back the chevrons and then layered all my other elements over the top.
I am delighted to have finally used up the holly rub-on border which has been in my stash for years!!!
Most of my other stickers and tags are from the October Afternoon 'Holiday Style' collection.
I tied everything together with a machine stitched border - a technique that I really love and often forget lol :)



6 comments:

Lizzyc said...

ooo I love the cut out idea with the paper behind it.. fabulous!! and it is soo good to use up something that has been around in the stash for ages!! wonderful layout!!

Lizzy Hill said...

This is sooo clever. Not that Silly machines are THAT clever, but credit given where credit due!! Precious looks on the kids faces....& I really, really like the 'Chrissy' tag journaling.....perfect colors for our challenge. Always, always glad to see you joining in with us:):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!

sue said...

Love this!! I love the photos and that background is very cool!! Happy New Year to you and your family :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow - cool!!!!! :D

Jasmine S said...

Great Christmas page and love how you have used the colours. Looks like a great tree too.

Barb Craft said...

Love this layout!! The die-cut background looks amazing with the patterned papers behind! And your photos are great! You did a nice job of showcasing them!

barb :)

Blog Archive