Tuesday, April 2, 2013

So Loved


Another month and lots of new challenges. April 1st is a hard day for me because it was my late dad's birthday. He passed away 2 years ago and I still miss him every day. Life goes on though and this page is my design team page for Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge. (late this month - sorry Anne!).
 This month the theme is to scrap about something that is challenging for you, either now or in the past. My little man is the last baby in our family. Letting him grow up is an ongoing challenge for me. I love to see his milestones and achievements but I hate that my baby is becoming more and more independant each day that passes. I used my Studio Calico papers for this one and the current criteria at CSI which are here:


From the Evidence list I used birds and mini-brads and I spread my journaling over three spots to fulfil the testimony criteria. Here are a couple of close-ups.


I love the SC flair buttons and the cute little arrows. To get the star design along the top of my paper I punched three stars out from the paper and backed them with black cardstock. I outlined them with a white gel pen to make them stand out.

 
Have a great week - its nice to have a short one isn't it?

5 comments:

Kel said...

I love the bright colours- you do these so well!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, soo cute!! Beautifully designed and so bright and fun!!

Mandalika said...

This is amazing, love all the colours and fun elements. Sorry you are having a rough day hopefully your little man will give you cause to smile.

Mrs Frizz said...

oh wow, your wee man is growing up far too quickly ... fabbo layout too Sarah ...

Lizzyc said...

Looks wonderful! love the colors!

Blog Archive