Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Together @ Omapere




Another month is here and another great sketch from 'Stuck'. Here is my DT take. The photo was taken this summer on our annual trip to beautiful Omapere in Northern NZ. This year all my kids and the older boys girlfriends made the trip and we had a really special time.
I used various masks and sprays for my background. The tissue tape beneath the photo is actually covering up a really big ink spill - I thought that I would just see what it looked like before starting again and I really liked the effect. My papers are a real mix of left over scraps coated in a little white gesso. I masked off the word 'together' in my title with old sticker letters before spraying over them. The word still didn't stand out too well from the page so I outlined them with black gel pen.


Hope that you have time to try out this challenge this month :)

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Little family...LITTLE???!!!!! Guess it's all in the perception:):):) LOVE how you covered up your spill...I'm always doing stuff like that. And I really like how your title came out. That pic is priceless with them all lined up....& I'm guessing they're Silly Hearts...really nice:):):):)

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous layout.. love the photo.. it is good to see families together!!

Chantalle said...

What a fantastic family picture! Gorgeous work

Blog Archive