Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Quirky, fun and full of colour!


Today I would like to share with you the two of my DT pages for Scottie Crafts. This month I received to gloriously fun Kaisercraft 'Blast Off' papers to play with. Now if you have a young boy in your life you can't go past this collection. It is full of bright primary colours, cute patterns and adorable characters.
I intended to scrap photos of my little son Benji but when I saw tbhese photos of us all having fun on the luge in Rotarua I knew that they would be a perfect match for the colours.
I inked and sprayed my background with a selection of bright inks and fun masks. I went to town on my borders with my Martha stewart border punches then layered up some of my favourite papers from this collection to mat my photos. I cut the arrows with my Cameo machine but all the other die-cuts are part of the collection. The negative strip is one of my all time favourite products and it pops up everywhere on my pages. It is a Tim Holtz product and is also available at Scottie Crafts.


For my second page I decided to do a 'Project life' style page recording a typical weekend in the life of my 4 year old son. I chose a few favourite i-phone photos from last weekend and set to work layering my papers and embellishments. The Blast Off' collection really is perfect for this type of page. The cute collectables that co-ordinate with the papers are so fun to use - the hardest part is not over-embellishing the page! I added tags, die-cuts, borders and journaling spots. The envelope that I used to hold my journaling and some other photos from the weekend was just a randon one that I had in my stash, but it would be simple to make your own envelope using the 'Blast off' papers.

I cut my title using my Cameo machine but again, all the other die-cuts are part of the collection.
Thanks for stopping by and looking at my pages. If you would like more information about this range (or any other Scottie craft products) visit the Scottie blog here.
Stop by again soon to see my mini-book of Benji's 4th birthday created with this collection.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Fantastic layouts! I love them both! You're always so inspiring.

Leanne said...

fabulous!! I love the white arrows on the first LO!! So many wonderful details to check out..x

Lizzy Hill said...

IT's the movement you get in your pages that I just ADORE. They are so full of life...& your PL page has me inspired to do the KIU challenge...love the list on the envelope & on the top one...those wee stars soooo cute:):) Glad to be back blogging & being inspired - thank you, Sarah:):):)

Unknown said...

Beautiful, fun, bright, and energetic!!! There is always so much vibrance and life in your layouts!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love this!!! I adore the anchor envelope! Love your energetic layouts to bits!!!! D:

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow these are gorgeously full of color and fun.. they look fabulous!!

Kimberly Kett said...

LOVE your LO's, so fun and colourful!!

Стокли said...

Great way to keep memories about this age)

Hannah said...

Your first layout straight away caught my eye, so bright and fun :) Both are lovely :)

Blog Archive