Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ice Skating


Well the school holidays have really cut down on my scrapping time but we have had a fantastic first week! These photos are from a visit to the downtown ice-skating rink in Auckland last week. I took lots of photos but these were my favourite. Sophie was so thrilled that she could skate all by herself - and it is written all over her face! I took them from a distance away and had to zoom and crop the resultant photos so I was pleased that they turned out as well as they did.
My layout is for the CSI design team this week. Here is the challenge :
I thought that the icy blue colour would be perfect for cold, winter photos. I used my own Cameo-cut stencils for clouds and white spray ink. I used texture paste to make the chevron pattern and sprinkled glitter onto the paste whilst it was still wet to get the glittery effect. The transparency squares are actually Crate Paper overlays (one of my current obsessions). I thought that they looked a little like patches of smooth ice in the snow. I framed my camera embellishment with another obsessions - the awesome chipboard polaroid style frames (also from Crate Paper). 


I painted over my title letters with glossy accents to add to the icy look :)


Hope that you have time to visit CSI and try out this challenge. Thanks for checking in to my blog today :)))

7 comments:

Leanne said...

oh my! this is gorgeous!! I love the glitter chevrons!!

Svetlana Austin said...

wow, Sarah! this is such a great page! love the icy colors and all the textures and layers! very beautiful!

Lizzy Hill said...

Have missed you!!! Glad the hols are fun, tho....silver glittery chevrons....I wanna EAT them up!!! And those clouds are perfect & the stitching....it's all really, really wonderful:):):)

Lizzyc said...

Hi.. This looks so lovely, I love your style of bold awesome designs and your photos all tell a wonderful story.. gorgeous layout!

Стокли said...

This page looks great. Solid is probably a good word))

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful layout! The photos are wonderful and I love the design here!!! :D :D

Chantalle said...

Your stunning background is the perfect backdrop to those photos. Love!

Blog Archive