Tuesday, August 6, 2013

In our Hearts Forever


This page was difficult for me to do, but I am so glad that I have it documented. When my dad died in New Zealand at the beginning of 2011 we knew that it would be his wishfor his ashes to be scattered in the same English garden of Remembrace that his own parents and family members had been laid. It took us 18 months to save up the money for my husband and I  and our six children to make the trip (with dads ashes) to the UK and fulfil his wish. This photo of my two girls is beautiful and it was taken on the afternoon that we finally laid dads ashes to rest. It was a beautiful sunny day, and although it was a sad occasion it was also a lovely ceremony and we were very grateful to all be together in this beautiful English country garden of rememberance celebrating dad's life and finally 'bringing him home'. 
The theme for August at 'Once Upon an Sketch' is 'I will never forget' paired with the following sketch:

I have used the beautiful Kaisercraft 'Sweet Pea' collection on my page 

The chipboard ia all from 2crafty. I loved this spray of lavender grass so much. I coloured it with gelatos and sealed the colour with dimensional magic. 

I used the chipboard film reels as my 'circular elements'. I backed them with black cardstock and painted them with white distress paint. I inked the edges to make them 'pop' a little more. 


I love the 2crafty chipboard titles so much. I painted the 'forever' in my title with brown distress paint and coated it with dimensional magic for a shiny, enamelled look. 
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today and I hope that I have inspired you to try out this challenge at Once upon a Sketch for yourself. 

9 comments:

Leanne said...

such a beautiful tribute. I still can't scrap my dad's passing. I'm sure I will get to it one day. Thanks for sharing this inspiring LO. Love the colours you have used..x

Lizzy Hill said...

Really lovely & quite moving....it was a wonderful thing to do that for your Dad, too.....That pink flourish looks soooo neat here & of course, the circle elements are great.....those gelatos are sure getting a work out, eh???!!!!!!!!!!

Kel said...

what a beautiful page Sar...xx

Lizzyc said...

Wow this is very touching, I am feeling emotional just looking at the lovely photo and reading your blog post.. a very beautiful layout to remember that really special time..

EFI said...

Such a gorgeous page with so many with sad emotional feelings. Thank you so much for sharing with us at OUAS!

Eila Sandberg said...

What a beautiful beautiful tribute to your dad, Sarah! This is such a lovely page full of love and bitter sweet feelings. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at OUAS!

Kimberly Kett said...

Beautiful layout for a beautiful Memory! Thanks for sharing!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Love all the beautiful details on this layout. And thank you for sharing your story with us at OUAS!

Ulyth said...

Beautiful layout

Blog Archive