Friday, November 1, 2013

New Challenge at 1,2,3 Challenge Blog - and a DT Call






Here is the challenge at 1,2,3 challenge blog and my DT take on it. I was inspired by the amazing Leanne Pearce for the background on this page. She did a tutorial here at Scrapfriends that I was totally and completely in love with. Basically she uses a compass and pencil to draw concentric circles on the background cardstock, then adds pencil line 'rays' and pops of colour with gelato pens - soooo cool!
Anyway I created my background as above, then piled on my Crate Paper scraps and tags to mat my photos (yes they are the same shot - i made a mess on my first photo -accidently sticking some double sided tape to it) so I covered the messed up area with another identical photo for an even cooler look. Honestly some of my best pages have been born as a result of a stuff up (or two).
I stamped arrows along the 'rays' in my background and added the word 'cool' in a speech bubble to fulfil the challenge criteria. Here are a few close-ups:

Isn't Leanne's graphic background idea awesome! Its a great way to add lots of random journaling too!


Have a great November what ever you are doing. I am running my first ever road race  (the Auckland Half Marathon) on Sunday. Im soooooo nervous, but will be one more thing to cross off my bucket list if I finish :)

2 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is awesome, Sarah!!!

Lizzyc said...

Absolutely fabulous, wonderful back ground and great photos too..

Blog Archive