Sunday, February 9, 2014

Holiday reads

 

Here is this weeks CSI challenge and my take on it for the CSI design team. The book theme made me think of these photos that I have taken over our summer holidays of my kids enjoying their holiday reads.
My older boys did not find learning to read easy as kids and it is so nice to see them enjoying reading as adults - they do get there in the end, so it  isn't worth worrying too much if our little ones are not reading fluently by 5 :)
I wanted to include a photo of all of my kids so I chose this 4 photo layout design. I inked my background through an 'ABC' mask (from dylusions) which I thought was very appropriate for my theme. From the 'evidence' list I used stacked elements, frames and greenery (hope the palm trees count for this). I journaled including the inspiration words 'read, life and simple'.
All, of the chipboard that I have used on this page is from 2Crafty. I really love the trees which I coloured using my gelato pens and inked the edges.


The chevron bits are so versatile that I use them on almost all my pages. I painted them black here and outlined them with a white gel pen (a favourite technique of mine).


The little camping card that I used in the top right corner has been in my stash for ages - it is from an older October Afternoon collection and found the perfect home on this page!


Well that's it for now - It is Benjis 5th birthday today so we are just about to leave for a celebration at 'Dennys' (Benjis choice), then back home for an evening of lego and 'Infinity' games! Hope you are having a great weekend too and that you have time to check out the CSI blog and maybe have a go at this reveal!

3 comments:

Стокли said...

Nice page - and happy birthday to your little boy!

Lizzyc said...

So nice to see them all reading, it is a wonderful pastime.. fabulous layout too..

Lizzy Hill said...

Love this one.....& those chevrons are just about my most fave thing EVA...will have to get my hands on them, methinks!!! I'm glad your boys like reading now...my youngest doesn't, but my oldest does...me, I ADORE it & to me it's synonymous with holidays....& thus, this LO has gone to the Top of my Fave of your pages....there's JUUUST room, LOL...

Blog Archive