Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Those Eyes that Smile


I don't often hae time to enter new challenge - I do my DT work and try to participate in a few of my 'regular' favourite blogs then the month has ended. Well today i was browsing (as you do lol) and came across this great challenge from Berry71bleu. All that is involved is to use the colour green, a doily or piece of lace and the word 'lucky' somewhere on the page. Easy eh? I thought so, and as I had just received a 'pizza' box brimming with greens and blues I decided it was too good a challenge to pass on.
I choise this adorable photo of Benji as my subject. It really shows up his blue eyes. The title from 2Crafty chipboard was perfect. I embossed it using blue 'Wow' embossing powder.

My patterned papers are from a selection of manufacturers - mainly Basic Grey abd Studio Calico. I added lots of ink splashes, masking and stamping to this one. I have so many stamp sets largely unused (I use my favourites over and over)  and I have promised myself that I will try to use at least a couple of different stamps from my lesser used sets on each of my layouts. This way I will be able to justify the cost of all those stamps!


I added a doily as a corner piece for my photo and the word 'lucky' is oncluded in my journaling. So glad that I went for this one as I really love the way the page turned out. I think I am going to be using more green in my 'boy' pages from now on. Green is master Benji's favourite colour so her really likes this one too :)

9 comments:

Kel said...

WOW..I LOVE the blue titling..it POPS so well... and the green is divine! Awesome boy page xx

Kay F said...

What a fabulous boy page! I love this one! The bold color scheme, the attention to little details, the background design & that wonderful photo! It all came together perfectly. Excellent take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

Lizzyc said...

This is stunning, that photo is so eye catching and I love the greens on your layout.. I reckon this should make a cover on a scrap mag!! It is really lovely!

Cathi ONeill said...

So glad you joined my challenge Sarah!! Gorgeous layout, love all your details and background work!! Thank you so much for joining us at Berry71bleu!

Unknown said...

What a fun and fabulous boy page! His eyes do smile!!! Love this! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71bleu!!!

Unknown said...

You did a great job with this boy page! love the layers! Just perfect! Thank you from Berry71bleu!

Tusia Lech said...

Such a beautiful photo!!! I love it!! Your layout is so warm and filled with happiness. Thank you for joining us at Berry71Bleu this month.

Denise van Deventer said...

Such a stunning and sweet page! One is sooooo drawn into those sweet little eyes.....when Irish eyes are smiling! ;-)))
Love the colouring and sweet accents...a gorgeous page! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

Tracey Gregory said...

What a cutiepie!!Gorgeous composition! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

Blog Archive