Saturday, May 3, 2014

Our Little Guy - Scrap 365 May Sketch




If you haven't checked out the Scrap 365 magazine and blog yet you really should. Here is the latest sketch challenge and my take on it.
I recently bought some 'Boys Rule' papers and embellishments from 'Crate Paper' and this was the perfect opportunity to try them out. I took the photos of Benji playing with his new glider on the school field late one afternoon last week. It was a great time to take photos as the light was so beautiful.
My background is the result of many mistakes painted over :) I really didn't like where this was going so I covered most of what I had done with washi tape and gesso (see the upper left and lower right corners). I then stamped with my tiny number stamp randomly over the area and sprayed with yellow delusions spray ink. Finally I began to like the result :)


 I layered journaling cards and paper pieces in a loose grid design similar to the sketch before adding my photos and some cute embellishments.


Thanks for visiting my blog today. Hope you are having a great weekend - I am having fun playing with my new Macbook - in fact this is my first blogpost from it! It is my first Mac computer (although I have wanted one for years).  I expected that it would be hard to get used to, but I have found it really simple and the few differences are really intuitive. I love the retina display - all my photos look so clear and the colours so true! Yup, I really love it :)

5 comments:

Стокли said...

I don't know what mistakes you made here, but my first thought was "cool paper".
Congrats on your new mac. New toys are always fun (I guess we all remain kids in some ways:)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Funky funky funky!!! Love this! Yay for MacBookPro! I've got one too!! :D

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh and btw - I converted with my MacBookPro and I'll never go back! :D

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh, I'm glad you're imac is easy to use! Gives me hope - my eldest son SWEARS by his mac....'one day'!! Meanwhile, I am WITH YOU SISTA...my bg was 'playing up' on me today, too...bit frustrating - but it's a fun challenge to 'fix it'...& of course, this looks as if it was always supposed to look like this!!! Love that sketch, too....:):)

Randi Elisabeth said...

I love how the "mistake" turned out, really like the stamping and the washi tape :)

Blog Archive