Saturday, August 9, 2014

An Awesome night - CSI #134




Hi everyone! Today is reveal day over at CSI. Here is my take on the new challenge. I made the layout for my daughter's beautiful friend Charisse who stars in the photos. She and Natalie starred together is their high school's production of 'Return to the Forbidden Planet'. They had a lot of fun together at rehearsals, workshop weekends and production week itself.
The CSI colours were great for these photos. The sunny yellow reminded me of the stage lighting and the blues were reflective of the space theme of the show.


I used a mix of October Afternoon, Echo Park, Crate paper and Kaisercraft offcuts for my background and built up the layers adding transparencies and die-cuts for interest and variety.
I kept to the general layout of the sketch, replacing the circles with square photos. From the evidence list I chose space elements (the star) and clouds. I journaled in different colours to fulfil the testimony requirements. Here are a couple more close-ups:



Thanks for visiting my blog. We would love for your to join in with our challenge this week. Check out the CSI blog here if you are is need of some inspiration :)

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

The star with the ruby......how awesome is that???!!!LOOOOVE....you must be so proud of your musical kids.....& dancing ones....so who do they take after, that's what I'd like to know?????

Lizzyc said...

This is fabulous! Love the clouds and background too!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Stunning work! Or should I say "Awesome work!"? :D

Blog Archive