Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Sunshine kids


Here is the second page that I have created using the awesome 'Crazy Monday' August kit. I based it on the current sketch at Creative Scrappers:

I had intended to use a large star element as in the sketch but somehow I couldn't get past adding layer after layer of gorgeous embellishments from the 'Crate Paper' ephemera pack in the kit. They truly are gorgeous and co-ordinate so well together!
I love this photo of my youngest kiddies having a blast together at the local playground. They look so happy. I chose a primarily yellow and blue colour scheme to reflect the mood of the day. The cute cloud paper, which I sprayed with yellow ink using a sunburst mask, made a perfect background for the page. I journaled on a tag which I mounted on top of this cute clip-board die-cut (both also from the ephemera bag). The word 'laughter' was cut from another sheet of patterned paper.


I adhered to the sketch for my title - keeping it large and spread along the bottom of the photo block. I used the gold 'Thickers' from the kit. When I had adhered them to my page the colour was a little too bright for the look I wanting to create so I swiped a little white distress paint over the top of each letter to tone down the glitz a little. This is a great way to lighten the colour of most elements and make them blend into the page a little better.


I completed the page with a little stamping and inking.

Thanks so much for taking the time to view my page today - and once again, I hope that I have inspired you to try out this awesome kit for yourself! 

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

That is a great layout, love all the layers and love the rays too! Lovely photo too!

Lizzy Hill said...

Sun rays just add something special, even if they're mostly hidden....looove this 'collection' of goodies - the pp looks really YUM! And great photo....playgrounds are AWESOME.....we go every Friday to one or t'other with our Lad!!!

Jody said...

Thanks for sharing your LO at Creative Scrappers! You've been chosen as the featured LO for today August 20th! Head to the blog to grab your featured LO badge! Thanks again! Great job!

Blog Archive