Saturday, September 20, 2014

Cuteness - CSI 140 & Sketchabilities



Here is my design team page for this weeks CSI challenge. I used the above sketch from Sketchabilities as the basis for my page. I love this photo taken just as my girls exited the 'California Screamin' roller coaster at California Adventure Land. It was Sophie's very first big coaster experience and she was rightfully very proud of herself. Natalie (who had thought that there was a distinct possibility that she would have to ride this coaster alone) was one very happy and proud big sister too!
The CSI colours were great for my photo - except that the red was a little too rich so I toned it down a little. I flipped the sketch but otherwise stuck quite closely too it. I did lots on inking, stamping and stencilling on my background cardstock and then, as always, I covered most of it up with my PP and photo :)


My papers were from a Kaisercraft 6x6" book. These are really useful when you want smaller pieces of paper to layer - saves cutting into those 12 x 12" papers that are "too good to touch"! From the CSI evidence list I used stripes, polka dots, hearts and wet media and I journaled about Sophie and Natalie's roller coaster 'adventure'.


Thanks for looking at my post today. Now head over to CSI and Sketchabilities to check out the talent over there and to get some inspiration for your own page :) Have a great weekend  

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Really lovely colours....those pinks are yum....loving your circles atm too:):) And the touch of cork!!!

Rikki Graziani said...

Oh WOW. Love all the layouts and the colour combo. Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities

Jo said...

Fantastic layout Sarah! I love all the layering and mix of papers. A very happy, vibrant page. Thanks for joining in at Sketchabilities :)

Blog Archive