Saturday, October 4, 2014

So Cute - DT page for 'Scrap the Boys'


Here is my page for the October 'Scrap the Boys' challenge. The theme is 'Tech Savvy Boys!'
My little Benji has been finding his way around the I-PAD since he was 2 years old. At 5 it is probably his favourite 'toy'. He will do almost anything for a new app!
I had a lot of fun with this page. I dragged out a heap of stamps that I had not used in a while and set about creating my own 'boyish' background. To get the watercolour effect I spray inks onto baking paper and press my cardstock down into the ink (remembering to let each colour dry before adding the next otherwise the colours mix together creating a brownish mess!)


To create my title I lightly adhered a Heidi Swapp acrylic word to the page and drew around it with a pencil. I removed the template word then drew roughly over the pencilled lines with a black gel pen. This is a great way to get the font that you like in a different colour!


I completed my layout by handwriting my journaling onto the background.
Hope you can join us this month over at 'Scrap the Boys' - we would love to see your take on this challenge!

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful! Love the way you have created your background! And cute photos too!

Lizzy Hill said...

Love that orange on the bg & the copying the HS word like that is a BRILL idea! I can't BELIEVE how the youngsters use technology....Lucas at just over 2 is sooo good at playing his games on his Dad's iphone. It's SCARY!!!

Blog Archive