Saturday, November 15, 2014

Always Inspired by travel - Once Upon a Sketch November challenge



This month's theme at 'Once Upon a Sketch' is 'Inspired by'. This is a great theme to ponder and I am inspired by many things. However, having recently returned from a trip to Los Angeles I coulodn't get past my travel photos and how much I am inspired by new countries and new adventures.
I chose a photo that my daughter took of me on Santa Monica pier. It was Natalie's dream to visit Santa Monica and we had the best day!
I chose a sheet of map paper for my background as it seemed appropriate for my theme. I painted over my focal area with blue acrylic paint to match the blue sea and sky in the photo and I dribbled a little yellow ink through the paint - reminiscent of the sunshine on that gorgeous Californian day.


I used paper strips from my new Crate Paper 'Open Book' collection to mat my photo and a number of the gorgeous rub-ons that complement the collection to 'spice up' the page.


I created my main title from a combination of 'Thickers', alpha stickers and rub-ons and I journaled onto strips which I adhered to the page. Usually I hand-journal but I thought that my handwriting would get lost on the busy background in this case so I printed my story from my MacBook.

Thanks for visiting my blog today - hope that your weekend is going well!

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Another amazing page....& travel is FABULOUSLY inspiring, I have to agree! You have seriously rocked that 'busy' bg....made it work to perfection, & I think the journaling is really good like that...you're right, it doesn't get 'lost'.....as always, so happy to see you playing along with us at OUAS....& I see you've poppped it up at FB:):)

Стокли said...

I love to travel too - making plans, seeing new places and then coming home:)
Lovely page, I like how you used colors here.

Wilma Voermans said...

I like your background paper, just the right touch for this layout. Thanks for playing with us at OUAS!

Blog Archive