Thursday, June 11, 2015

Believe - Scrap Around the World June Challenge





Check out the new mood board from Scrap Around the World. It's filled with potential! I was inspired by the chevrons - I adore chevrons -  and the gorgeous pastal colours. I also love the brush-stroke letters in the quote and tried to reproduce them in the card that I used for my title.
I used up the last pieces of my gold velum paper to add a gold chevron background to my page. You will probably notice that it is similar in design to the LO below - multi-tasking :) I often 'scraplift' my own pages when I want to put together a LO in a hurry of when I particularly like a design element (in this case the gold striped vellum paper!).  I chose one of my all time favourite photos of Sophie and Benji in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle in Disneyland Paris. Look at the colour of the sky - it was a glorius spring day. The kids were dressed up as Elsa and Peter Pan and were so happy to be at their favourite place on earth.  Looking at the picture brings back a flood of happy memories for me - as well as a little nostalgia. I know it has only been two months since we were there but already I miss Europe. I have lived in NZ for over 25 years now and I really do love it. But, a piece of my heart will always be in England.
OK enough rambling back to my page. I used lots of ephemera from different collections and my project life stash to matt my photo. I found a perfect title - 'Believe' brush stroked in gold on a project life journaling card.


The two gold stars are a nod to Benjis Peter Pan outfit - the second star to the right and all that!


The Scrap around the World blog has an amazing design team with heaps of inspiration to be had -  and much eye candy to drool over. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

that is such a lovely page for a wonderfully captured moment! Thanks for playing along at SATW!

Tiphanie B. said...

Sweet picture and gorgeous layout !! Thanks for joining us at SATW xx

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous layout! I love the stripes!

Lizzy Hill said...

Gold stars! I spied 'em straight off! And that vellum. You must have felt sad/happy to use it up!!! Love that photo....& I can understand that feeling of a little bit of you being left in the UK...... love the pretty flower frame tucked in there, too:))

Veera said...

Gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at SATW this month!

langeatheart said...

Adorable layout! Love all the layers! Awesome photo! All the best from SATW! :)

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

Fabulous interpretation of the moodboard! Thank you for joining us over at SATW xx

Татьяна said...

So many gorgeous details!!! Thank you for joining us over at SATW!

Blog Archive