Friday, July 17, 2015

Hello Paris - Scrap Around the World July mood board




Check out this awesome mood board from Scrap Around the World. The colours are so vibrant and the pictures so beautiful. There is so much inspiration to be had from it. I was drawn to the steps and sentiment in the main picture and immediately thought of this photo that I took on our Paris trip. It was so exciting to be stepping up out of the Metro into the centre of Paris. I used the upper right image (the butterfly on a flower) as the basis for my colour scheme. I inked, sprayed and masked my background cardstock before using some of my favourite stamps including my  'Prima' stitched circles stamps to emhance the background.


I matted my photo with a variety of left over die-cuts and washi tape strips.  I used my favourite 'brush stroke' thickers to spell out my title and handwrote the journaling.


Hope you have time to head over to the SATW blog and check out this challenge yourself. As the lucky recipient of a fantastic prizepack from 7 dots for my 2nd place layout last month I can really attest to the fabulous prizes up for grabs !!! Thanks so much Aida, 7 Dots and SATW!!!

8 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Totally BRILLIANT take on the mood board [how neat to have the step photo, eh??!!!] AND a new fave...the depth in the bg......just makes that photo pop brilliantly.....I saw you featured over at sketchabilities. I think it was? Anyways, congrats on that, too:):):) Hope you're not getting that arctic blast that we are atm...brrrrr!!!!

sue said...

This is a totally awesome layout, Sarah!! I love the amazing colours and how you have combined them!! Love this!! :)
And, Lizzy, we are about to get the arctic blast this weekend! :(

Lizzyc said...

The whole layout is magical, great photo and all the amazing background details look fantastic!

Unknown said...

I love the color combo. Great take on the moodboard. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Around The World.

langeatheart said...

Beautiful take on the Mood Board this month! I loved the steps myself which is why I chose that photo! You did a beautiful job on this layout! It is one of my favs! All the best from SATW! :)

Yasmin said...

Fantastic layout! Great colors! Thank you for playing with us at Scrap Around the World :)

Elena Arts said...

I love the composition and the colors you have chosen! Thanks for playing with SATW this month! :))

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

This is stunning! Love the details in the background. Beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at SATW this month.

Blog Archive