Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tiny Super Stars - CSI September challenge - DT page




Happy September everybody!!!! The first day of spring here in NZ and it is pouring with rain!
On a positive note dont you just love all the new challenges that the first of the month brings? Here is the new challenge for September from 123 Challenge blog and my take on it for the DT. 
The photo that I used is a blast from the past! My daughter Natalie is one of the 14 or so dwarfs in her dance school's recital. It is was taken about 12 years ago. 
I began by creating a burgundy background using my water colour crayons. Unfortunately I then went on to cover up most of the burgundy with my photo stack!!! I hope there is just enough showing to satisfy the challenge :)




Natalie is the third from the left in the front row - she is so cute and always did love to be the centre of attention! A lot of the miscellaneous tags and die cuts on this page are left overs from past October Afternoon collections.


As usual I handwrote my journaling on the background cardstock. This is my 'go to' method of recording the story for no other reason than it is quick and easy!
Hope that you can join us this month in our fun challenge. Hope that you will have a great month!

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This is gorgeous! That photo is so cute! Wonderful inspiration for the challenge!

Lizzy Hill said...

LOL! That's something I do...get this GORGEOUS bg. Then cover it up! I really LOVE the greens in with this one....the hexagons look fabulous & I really like the 'white space', too. All round gorgeous:):)

Blog Archive