Sunday, October 25, 2015

Fabulous - SATW Ocober Moodboard




Wow it has been so long since I updated my blog!!! I have been finding it a real struggle just recently to find time to scrap and spend precious time with my kids who are growing up way too quickly before my eyes!
I love this mood board from Scrap Around the World - the colours are so rich and vibrant. I was inspired by both the colours and by the bubble pattern in the centre lower picture.
The photo of Sophie was taken almost a year ago at the Neverland dance schools Christmas show. She really love her dance and I think that this shows on her face in this picture.
I sprayed my background using a bubble stencil and predominently green ink. I randomly splattered and sprayed some blue, yellow and red droplets over the page - taking the colours from the mood board.
The photo mat is made up from project life cards and other ephemera from my project life stash. I often use up excess cards in this way - they are so pretty!


I fussy cut the flowers and heart shaped title from patterned paper in my stash and hand journalled my story directly onto the page.


Thanks for visiting my blog today - do take time to visit Scrap Around the Worlds blog here and have a go at this awesome mood board yourself.

10 comments:

Heather McMahon said...

Life does get busy sometimes doesn't it? I'm so glad you found time for this though. It's fabulous! I love the background and the way you've used up excess PL cards. Thanks for playing along at SATW.

langeatheart said...

Beautiful page! Your eyes go immediately to that gorgeous photo! Love the green background! Beautifully done! All the best from SATW! :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Yup! Time flies as kids sprout!!! I'm adoring that bg stencil.... Looks brill - & the way you've used the PL cards is v clever.... I keep forgetting I have them in my stash!!!

Lizzyc said...

Yep totally understand the time thing and the how did the kids get so big thing too! Time is flying! Love your layout, that is an amazing background! Have a good week!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Wonderful page, love the way you have created bubbles background with stencil stamping....fab idea! Thanks so much for joining us at SATW this month

chilli pip said...

What a wonderful photo. Great layout ,love the background and colours

Tusia Lech said...

I love the photo and the way you created your background. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!

JaMajka said...

Stunning background, lovely photo, everythin so vivid and fresh <3 Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!

Natalya Loi said...

Beautiful page and adorable photo! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Around The World! ♥♥♥

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love your new blog look! Absolutely fantastic layout! Love the bubble look background!

Blog Archive