Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The new sketch is up at 'Stuck' Sketches!



Here is the sketch and my take on it for the DT. Its a fun sketch to work with and there are prizes up for grabs so if you fancy a challenge head over to Stuck Sketches http://stucksketches.blogspot.co.nz/
I had fun using muslin as my background. I covered my cardstock with mod podge first so that the muslin would easily adhere. I cut out a cardstock circle to use as  mask, placed it over the centre of the muslin and sprayed with blue glimmer mist. I then sewed around the outside of the circle to make it stand out. The papers that I used are from OA's gorgeous 'Farmhouse' collection. The doily and buttons are from Purple Pumpkin. The double photo effect was a fortunate accident I dribbled glimmer mist onto the first photo that I printed out so instead of throwing it away I decided to layer it under the new copy!
I mounted the finished page onto a wood block to give to my hubby as a Valentines day gift :)))

1 comment:

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Beautiful layering and texture!! Great work!!!
xoxo

Blog Archive