Friday, May 9, 2008

Autumn edition of Up2Scrap is out!

Well life has surely beeh hectic round here lately. The last week of the boys holiday flew by and now everyone is back at school. Kinda quiet around here this week LOL.
Yesterday I received the new Up2Scrap mag in the mail. I was so excited to see whatt they had done with my baby LOs that I tore it open on the driveway and wow, I wasn't disappointed. The autumn edition is truly stunning. This mag rivals the best overseas scrap mags it just keeps going from strength to strength. NZ sure has talent! I loved all the reader LOs but the one that tugged at my heart strings the most was Ann McLachlan's "footprints" - a stunning LO showing her prem newborn son in his incubator at 2 days old. You see Sophie was also born 6 weeks early and all of her early photos are taken in the incubator. I have been really challenged to scrap them because she has a feeding tube up her nose and lots of tubes and monitors on her little body and I guess they are not the 'picture perfect' newborn baby shots. Anns LO has inspired me to tackle these precious photos before the memories fade. Sometimes I need to stop and remind myself that the purpose of my scrapping is to capture and preserve my memories rather that to always produce a perfect work of art! thanks Ann for the inspiration.
As to Steph and the team at Up2Scrap, wow, you guys have done an AMAZING job. Thanks so much for all your hard work. I am already on my second read through!

I am typing this on our new computer - Mark and I went on a bit of a shopping spree last weekend. We bought a new computer (with the dreaded windows vista operating system) and a new leather lounge suite to replace our old, totally worn and cat scratched sofa. I'm loving the huge flat screen monitor on the new computer but still taking time to get used to vista.

No comments:

Blog Archive