Saturday, July 31, 2010

More Vintage - style LOs and one confused cat!!











Here are another three LOs that I recently completed in my current favourite style (hehe). I am loving these cute doilies from Scotty Craft and I also can't seem to get enough of Websters Pages. The first two LOs showcase photos of my kids taken on a recent walk along the local beach. The colours match so well with the Websters papers. The cute little boy with the kite on the 'My Little Man" LO is from October Afternoon's aptly named 'Fly a Kite ' range.
I got the idea for the stamping on the 'I just Adore You' LO from the new challenge blog 'The Colour Room'. If you haven't already discovered this you really should go and have a browse. Each week a new colour palate is put up and the challenge is to create a LO using the colours featured. It is heaps of fun and some very BIG names in scrapbooking feature their LOs there. It is very inspirational. Anyway I got the idea to stamp all around the edge of my LO. Notice that my Tim Holtz mask features again!! as does my Tim Holtz flourish die! The Tissue paper flower was made for me by my little 5-year old daughter Sophie (she is the cheeky one peeping out from behind the chair in the picture) and I loved it so much that I just had to use it on my LO.
'Cat Walking' was inspired simply by the story that I wanted to tell about my daughter taking our cat for 'walkies' just like a little dog. These are the stories that I never want her to forget and this is the main reason that I scrapbook. I used the lovely Kaisercraft papers and some magic mesh that had been in my stash for years. The background grid is machine sewed and ofcourse no recent LO of mine is safe from mist sprays :)

No comments:

Blog Archive